reasons why winter is better than summer:
- little to no insects (◕‿◕✿)
- sweaters all the time (◠△◠✿)
- the air is nice and fresh smelling (◡‿◡✿)
- sometimes it snows and you get out of school \(◕‿◕✿)/
- snow is pretty (´･ω･`)
- no pollen (▰˘◡˘▰)
- it gets darker faster so theres more nighttime and more time to look at the stars (ᅌᴗᅌ* )
- everything is dead just the way i like it (⊙‿⊙✿)
Reasons why winters suck:
- No insects, because the temperature is between -20°C and -30°C (-4°F and -20° for the Americans) and all insects are dead. When you are outside, you wish you were dead too.
- You have to wear thick sweaters and bulky coats so that you don’t freeze when you go out. When you get inside, you immediately start sweating like a pig because of all the layers, then have to spend the rest of the day being sweaty and hot.
- You don’t have the time to enjoy the fresh air, because every time you inhale, you feel like your lungs are burning because of the cold.
- It snows all the time, and you still have to go to school/work. If you try telling your teachers/bosses/supervisors that you can’t come to school/work because of the snow, they will laugh in your face, then dock your pay or your grades.
- Shoveling your yard clean almost every goddamn day is a pain in the ass. In cities the snow is slushy, dirty and gray, and turns the roads and pavements into ice, which makes going out hazardous. Also, packed ice and snow falling from roofs can kill you or injure you seriously.
- There’s no pollen, but while exposure to pollen just makes you miserable, exposure to cold will kill you. I’ll take the pollen and my antihistamines, thanks.
- Where I live, the sun rises at 10 a.m. and sets at 2 p.m. In the far north, the sun doesn’t rise for months. If you are susceptible to natural light, it messes with your sleep cycle, i.e. you feel constantly sleepy, yet have trouble falling asleep because it’s dark all the time. Waking up in the morning is incredibly hard, because your internal clock still thinks it’s 3 a.m. If you work office hours, it’s entirely possible to go to work before sunrise and leave your job after the sunset. If the room you work in has no windows, you’ll go for days without seeing any natural light at all.
- Everything is dead, including your extremities.
Welcome to the north, bitches!
You live in Finland, right? Remind me not to move there.